$2,250 per/person + GST
Duration & Location
3 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
A minimum of four years project management experience is required.
This course is designed for experienced project managers.
This course is designed for experienced project managers who want to take their skills to the next level. Managing large, complex and multiple IT projects strains the project manager in many ways. Weaknesses in your project management skills can quickly bring a complex project to its knees. Learn from instructors who have experienced firsthand the challenge (and rewards!) of complex project management and how to successfully implement large/multiple projects. Mindavation courses are highly interactive with challenging IT based case studies and lectures filled with real life work scenarios. Students will team together to apply techniques learned from the lectures. Instructors for this course have over 10 years project management experience in multiple industries.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Communications Management | Project Stakeholder Management | Project Human Resources Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Integration Management | Project Risk Management | Project Time Management | Project Cost Management | Project Procurement Management
Key Learning Objectives
- understand how large, complex and multiple projects need to be managed differently to smaller isolated projects
- develop techniques to manage and co-ordinate project managers, sub-contractors, customers, team members and vendors
- learn methods to handle complex cost constraints
- manage scope in a rapidly changing business environment
- how to handle multiple resource constraints and keep resources for your project(s)
- devise control mechanisms to ensure complex projects remain on time, within budget, and within predetermined quality metrics
- know how to identify a project that is in trouble and how to recover it
- identifying, managing and reporting risk
- techniques to manage project managers effectively
- dealing with contract management – writing and responding to RFP’s, and writing great contracts
- understand various implementation techniques