$1500 per/person + GST
Duration & Location
2 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
This course is intended for anyone who finds themselves in the position of having to influence people without having the right level of authority.
Facilitation means ‘to make easier’. In other words the facilitator’s real job is to make it easier for a group to accomplish its goals and objectives. Skilled facilitation helps facilitators and teams to recognise and effectively deal with problems, generate ideas, create project deliverables, improve processes or simply, to be more productive in less time with better results. This course teaches participants ‘best in class’ skills to enable effective group performance. Participants are engaged and learn through dialogue, feedback, videotaping and group activities.
How do we establish enough influence over key stakeholders to get our work done when we have no ‘real’ authority over them? We know what needs to be done and we know how to do it, yet we cannot get our boss, our colleagues, and yes, even the people who report to us, to do ‘the right thing.’ Some days it feels like we are just banging our head against the wall. The result…a whopping headache!
Key Learning Objectives
- How to identify and analyse key stakeholders on your projects
- How to build and utilise stakeholder profiles to use in influencing action plans
- How to establish and maintain trust-based relationships
- Four cores of credibility or self-trust
- How to weigh stakeholder influence and the impacts to your project
- 5 decision-making styles and how to influence each
- Strategies to build trust and communicate more effectively in a virtual team environment
- What difficult stakeholders really want from you and how to proactively manage them
- All about currencies and exchange in the influencing formula
- New language and ways to verbally manage difficult stakeholders
- How to effectively influence stakeholders using the influencing formula and 5-step influencing model