Duration & Location
1 day - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
This course is designed for people who will be actively involved with projects. Typical attendees include: business analysts, managers, QA analysts and business and technical representatives.
An overview of project management that includes all ten PMI® knowledge areas. Emphasis is provided on the team members’ role throughout the project management lifecycle. Each topic is discussed briefly to ensure the team member is exposed to project management concepts necessary to manage a project from project initiation to project closeout.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Communications Management | Project Stakeholder Management | Project Human Resources Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Integration Management | Project Risk Management | Project Cost Management | Project Procurement Management
Key Learning Objectives
- understand the definition of a project
- review the techniques to initiate a project successfully
- discuss methods to determine true business requirements
- understand stakeholder analysis techniques
- review typical team communication procedures
- develop a work breakdown structure
- review processes to estimate your project activities
- verify common project risk areas
- discuss tools to monitor and report your project results
- learn how to identify and manage problems BEFORE they are out of control
- understand how each course module is associated with the Project Management Institute PMBOK Knowledge Areas
PMI and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Insitute, Inc.