This course will provide the manager with the capability to effectively manage their project management resources and facilitate the integration of project management processes into their department/function. This course will also enhance the manager’s capability to handle project sponsorship issues and provide tools for reviewing project effectiveness.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- review a typical project lifecycle
- review the sponsor’s role and responsibilities
- discuss the value of planning
- learn to recognize a good project plan
- review best practice project management processes
- understand the benefits of change management
- discuss typical project risks and how they can be mitigated
- learn mechanism to oversee project status and resources
- discuss typical project issues
- review checklists to position your projects successfully
This course is designed for project sponsors and for managers responsible for project management oversight.
PMBOK® KNOWLEDGE AREAS
Project Communications Management | Project Stakeholder Management | Project Human Resources Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Integration Management | Project Risk Management | Project Cost Management | Project Procurement Management
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Insitute, Inc.