contact us for details
Duration & Location
3 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
This course is intended for project managers, team leaders, business analyst and managers responsible for managing projects.
Projects rarely fail due to technical problems. The most common reason for failed projects stems from the inability to effectively communicate with others. Project management is an art and your success is dependent upon your ability to swiftly navigate the day-to-day challenges of working with others. This seminar will challenge and hone communication skills for the various interactions with team members, management, customers, vendors and sponsors that a project manager must deal with throughout the life of a project. The course will focus on personality types, how to understand and develop your team members, developing your leadership skills, conflict management, negotiation skills, motivating your team, interacting with management and executives, and how to make tough decisions easier.
Key Learning Objectives
- develop an understanding for the various behavior types and learn how to leverage each behavior type effectively
- assess your leadership skills and improve the impression you make on team members and management
- determine your teams needs and understand how their needs impact your projects
- discuss negotiation tactics to effectively handle sticky situations with your customer, team members, vendors and sponsors
- learn how to say “no” without turning people away
- comprehend conflict management and how to use it to your advantage
- understand methods to motivate team members on a shoestring budget
- develop skills to handle the tough decisions a project manager faces each day