contact us for details
Duration & Location
2 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
Attendees need to have basic project management knowledge or BA experience. A minimum of one years’ experience is recommended prior to taking this course.
This course is designed for business analysts, project managers, and other personnel responsible for business analysis activities.
This course is an examination of the role of the business analyst and how the role fits into the development lifecycle. Areas of study include software development lifecycles, business requirements gathering techniques, documentation and verification processes to ensure your project starts off on the right foot. In addition, the analyst’s enduring and pervasive responsibilities –from business case development to testing the final product, will be explored. Students will learn to discern between needs, characteristics and solution elements as well as techniques for managing the scope of the project throughout the project life cycle.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Communications Management | Project Stakeholder Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Cost Management
BABOK Knowledge Areas
Requirements Life Cycle Management | Underlying Competencies | Requirements Analysis and Design Definition | Elicitation and Collaboration | BA Planning & Monitoring | Solution Evaluation | Techniques
Key Learning Objectives
- learn how to define and document the business problem
- understand the critical components of a business case
- review the different types of requirements
- learn how to develop use cases & process maps
- discuss how to deal with stakeholders in conflict
- validate the activities required for thorough requirements analysis
- understand techniques to prioritize requirements
- verify how to perform peer reviews and formal inspections
- review change management techniques to manage scope
- review the activities the BA performs during the testing phase