contact us for details
Duration & Location
3 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
A minimum of two years project management experience is recommended prior to taking this course. In addition, students must be familiar with the software development lifecycle prior to attending this course.
This course is designed for project managers, QA analysts, and business analysts. Application developers and testers in team lead roles can also benefit from this course.
This course presents best practice methods and techniques for software testing to obtain thorough and effective testing results. Various levels and types of testing are covered. Techniques to efficiently test software deliverables throughout the project lifecycle are discussed and reinforced. This course focuses on the management of the software testing lifecycle by establishing a test strategy that is appropriate for a given project size, complexity and technical architecture.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Communications Management | Project Stakeholder Management | Project Human Resources Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Risk Management | Project Cost Management
Key Learning Objectives
- describe what testing means, why it is necessary, why it can be inadequate and when it is complete
- understand and distinguish among common testing techniques, such as documentation reviews, black and white box, unit, integration, system, boundary, stress, static and dynamic testing
- describe how testing fits into a typical software development life cycle
- understand the unique testing characteristics for web, client/server, mainframe and vendor applications
- perform risk analysis to determine what to test
- define testing strategies and create a Test Strategy Document
- describe the processes and deliverables associated with testing best practices
- create test plans and test cases based on requirements
- develop a process for handling defects and issues that occur throughout the testing lifecycle
- understand quality concepts and how they relate to testing
- describe the roles and responsibilities throughout the testing process
- discuss special tests, such as usability tests, disaster recovery tests and other miscellaneous tests