$1500 per/person + GST
Duration & Location
2 days - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
Attendees should have at least 2 years project management and/or management experience and have a solid overall understanding of their IT environment.
Individuals with responsibility for managing and controlling an IT environment.
This is a course designed to prepare technology managers for successful implementation of ITIL processes and standards within the organization.
ITIL provides a framework for managing the technology resource and providing ‘best in class’, integrated services to internal and external customers. Before engaging in this implementation endeavor, managers need to develop reasonable goals, ensure the implementation steps are beneficial for the organization, and use a well thought out implementation plan. This class is designed to assist the manager to decide what pieces of ITIL to implement and what sequence is prudent for implementation. The critical elements to develop a successful implementation plan are discussed as a significant part of this course. Additionally, the course will provide crucial information relevant to preparing for an ISO20000 audit of ITIL processes and their use in your environment.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Stakeholder Management | Project Scope Management | Project Integration Management | Project Risk Management
BABOK Knowledge Areas
Underlying Competencies | Strategy Analysis | Requirements Analysis and Design Definition | Solution Evaluation | Techniques
Key Learning Objectives
- define what ITIL is, and why it is beneficial to your organization
- discuss approaches for determining what particular benefits ITIL can provide for your environment
- learn how to determine what ITIL processes should be applied in your business, and which existing management processes will have to change to accommodate ITIL
- examine best practices for deriving an implementation plan for incorporating ITIL compliant approaches to your technology management approach
- derive effectiveness measurement to assess your success with ITIL, along with assessing your degree of ITIL compliance
- understand the elements of an ISO20000 compliance audit, and how you can prepare for an ISO compliance review