contact us for details
Duration & Location
1 day - online and onsite*
*min of 8 for onsite delivery
A basic understanding of project processes prior to the course is helpful.
This course is intended for managers, project managers, financial analysts and business analysts responsible for justifying projects via business cases.
This course will provide the manager with techniques to effectively capture and analyze projected costs and benefits from their project efforts. The examination of both one-time and ongoing costs, as well as the integration of extensive checklists and analysis tools makes this course useful for the project manager who is looking to justify a new project or validate an in-process project effort.
Knowledge Areas Covered
PMBOK Knowledge Areas
Project Stakeholder Management | Project Scope Management | Project Quality Management | Project Risk Management | Project Cost Management | Project Procurement Management
BABOK Knowledge Areas
Requirements Life Cycle Management | Underlying Competencies | Strategy Analysis
Key Learning Objectives
- discuss business implications of selecting & implementing a project
- review implications of not selecting a project
- understand how projects tie-in to business metrics
- verify how projects impact business processes and procedures
- discuss typical project benefits
- learn to define successful completion criteria
- review the following project components to be estimated – equipment, software, resources, vendor resources, maintenance agreements, post implementation support, and long-term costs
- perform project cost benefit analysis using return on investment (ROI) and payback period
- know how to build a business case end-to-end
- understand how to validate project results