Design Thinking to the Rescue – Tackling Complex Business Problems…Once and for All!
Have you ever experienced any of these “wicked” problems?
- Why is it that few, if anyone, is using what was designed and delivered – even though the project was deemed a success?
- Why are my customers now saying their most important needs weren’t met – even though significant time was spent identifying requirements?
- How do I fund unplanned enhancements that pop-up (even though my project portfolio has been approved for the last year)?
- How do I ensure a twice failed project will be successfully accomplished the third time around?
No longer is design thinking being applied solely to product design. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, P&G & Marriott and many others are successfully using it to address complex business challenges. To help you achieve the same outcomes, in this lively, experiential 2-day journey, we actively work through and demystify each phase of the design thinking process — and expose three phases that are often overlooked. Using a real-life scenario, you’ll learn proven tools and techniques that not commonly taught to:
1 – dig deep into the customers’ mindset,
2 – identify the “real” core problem that’s the most important to act on
3 – ideate creative ways to solve the problem, and
4 – conduct rapid prototyping and testing.
You’ll walk away with a workbook that will allow you to go through these phases with your colleagues back at work. Put on your running shoes and be ready to go!
Your Trusted Team of Experts
Join Kupe, Lori, and Haydn as they guide you through this deep dive journey into design thinking. This team of experts will help you address complex problems, navigate pitfalls, empower your influence to dig deep.
Lori Silverman: As the owner of Partners for Progress®, Lori helps firms strategize about their future and navigate through messy, complex changes. She’s worked across 20 industries with organizations like the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, GE, Bechtel, American Family Insurance, McDonalds, Target, Wells Fargo, Phillips North America, and the U.S. Air Force. As a keynote speaker at more than 70 events, Lori has inspired thousands of participants to take action. She’s an adjunct professor in the Industrial and Organizational Psychology Master’s program at Golden Gate University in San Francisco and has also authored two books in the quality management field. Lori is often asked: “Can a story be used for more than training?” Her search for successful applications of story use in areas such as strategy, change, leadership, and finance are in the book, Wake Me Up When the Data Is Over. When the Dummies series called, she and Karen Dietz, Ph.D. churned out her third bestseller, Business Storytelling for Dummies. One chapter grew into a unique framework for finding actionable insights in data and storifying them, catapulting Lori as a thought leader in data storytelling.
Kupe Kupersmith: As the founder of KupeTalks and Atlanta Engagement Director, Market Rate Consulting, Kupe’s main objective is to help you connect, collaborate, and be ready for the future. For the past 20 years, Kupe has been helping organizations achieve business value with an improvisational advantage. Kupe is an author, keynote speaker, coach, and trained improv actor. Some think Broccoli and Cheetos is an odd combination, but you will be delighted with Kupe’s combination of laughter and learning. Kupe is a connector and has a goal in life to meet everyone – connect with him on LinkedIn!
Haydn Thomas: Haydn brings over 20 years of real-world experience in program and project management, business analysis and business consulting to the leadership team of Mindavation. Prior to his role as Owner & Chief Mindavator, he has worked exclusively with large international and domestic banks, government organizations and solution providers. His experience with start-ups has given him unique insights into defining and implementing company structure, business solutions, leadership, change management, competencies, and efficiencies – scalable to small business
- Post Event Webinar: after the event, we’ll send you an invite to join a webinar where you’ll be able to engage with your facilitators and ask any follow-up questions.
- Certificate of completion
- Lunch is being provided by hotel catering over the 2-Day workshop
- Government rates are available – please inquire at [email protected]
- Group discounts available – please inquire at [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: You may cancel up to 30 days before the event and receive a refund (less processing fees), cancellations within 29 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee plus processing fees. Cancellations done within 7 days of the event are non-refundable.